Finally Friday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 5/5/11 8:36 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all I am so glad it is Friday. Hoping to hit first Friday downtown tonight if Jason is up for it.
Today is Day 5 of my abstinence plan and I am doing well. Weekends are hard though. We will see. 

Therapist was good. Feel more overwhelmed with each visit about how much work there is UGH. No idea there was so much to do. One of the things is learning to set better boundaries and limits with people including family. My family ( yesterday being an example) finds some kind of crisis and starts pulling me in caling texting ect. It is like emotional vomit and I cannot help. If I do make a suggestion it " wont work"  so I have just stopped responding. But the goal is to set the clear limit not just withdraw. So  my  mantra is  " GET OUT OF MY SAND BOX !"  lol  I am only letting people who play nice and are safe in my sand box. hee hee

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy
Liz R.
on 5/5/11 8:55 pm - Easton, PA
Nicole I'll share my shovel :)

I am at work today, allergies are kicking my butt so it is going to be a long day I'm sure... after work headed straight home to hang with Mia. Perfectly quiet!
Lisa H.
on 5/5/11 9:30 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Nicole.. Great job on 5 days of sane eating.  I need to start working on 5 hours of sane eating and build from there.    Nobody said life was going to be easy.   Kick people out of your sand box and focus on yourself.  It's definitely your turn.

Today has me working til 3:30 per usual.  As of now, we have no plans for tonight, so we'll head to the gym.  We MAY end up with the Caines since we haven't been doing our Friday nights nearly as often as we used to.  

I'm also trying to find somewhere for Siehara to go tomorrow night b/c I want to go to an anniversary party in Allentown.  So far, I'm not having any luck and I'm none too thrilled about this.  

I want to ask the Caines, but you know how that relationship has been lately, so I'm not quite sure I want to go there.  

Tomorrow morning is a Bar Mitzvah at the synagogue and I am doing a part of the service, so we'll be headed there.    oooooh maybe I'll contact this other mom there.  She had said something about someone bringing her daughter for her b/c she has to work.  Maybe I can work out a sleepover or something with her daughter.. like she stays here tonight and Siehara there tomorrow... hmmmmmmm

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 5/5/11 10:06 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - TGIF for sure!! Even with being off Monday it's been a long week. Today I'm at work getting some peace and quiet - hubby is home today with the dogs. Today is little Chester's last full day with us - tomorrow he heads to his new home in Jersey.

Somewhere between the time I got up and the time I got dressed I did something really stupid to my back and I have no idea what, but after I got dressed I almost couldn't stand up straight - lower back the whole way across. OUCH. So I got a breakfast sandwich to coat my tummy and took some extra-strength OTC pain pills when I got to work. How in the hell does this happen? Wait - I know - its because I haven't been doing a lick of exercise and am so out of shape right now that anything weird I do affects it. Yes Kathy, get your butt back to exercising and feeling better.

Not much else for me today - work. Woo-hoo.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 5/5/11 10:24 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Nicole, maybe use a little motivational interviewing on your family, get them to realize what they have to do and own it rather than them dumping on you and then not accepting your suggestions.  Just a thought.  I hope you are able to keep your sandbox in order and make sure no stray cats come around looking for a place to, well you know. 

Kathy, dont be a slack a$$.  Please join our 90 day challenge.  What do you have to lose?  And on a softer note, I hope you feel better soon, I sometimes struggle with back pain and it sucks big time.  Hugs to you!

Today I work till 3:30.  My kids are off school today and my daughter also got sick last night (vomit) so Jen took the day off to stay home and care for her little girl.  God bless them both.  I got a nice suprise the other day.  Jen and I were stressing about what to do for child care for the summer.  Jett is 12 and Helena is 9 and they arent mature enough to be alone for any length of time yet.  Anyway, I slyly let it be known to a neighbor that we were looking for a baby sitter for the summer.  She told her Daughter who lives two houses away and her daughter called me the other night asking if we wanted her to watch our kids for the summer.  YES!!!!!  We were able to work out payment so it looks like that headache is taken care of (hopefully for the last time).  I think Jett will be able to babysit himself and his sister next summer.  I love it when a plan comes together.

TGIF and I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

jastypes
on 5/5/11 10:44 pm - Croydon, PA

Good morning, PA.  And it is a good one for me.  I went back to the doctor last night for my BP check.  Unfortunately, my BP is still high, but they just want me to continue on the same dose of medication.  The good news is that I lost 5 pounds in the past week, proving that my tool still works if I work it!  I'm so glad that I wrote down my food plan this week, so I can continue using it, since now I know it works!  It's also a good morning because I got a text from my son saying that he got the highest grade in his class this term (auto technology).  I'm so proud of him!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dit657
on 5/5/11 11:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I love you and your ability to tell it like it is - and yes, I have been a slack a$$ - good term!! So I will go look at your 90 day challenge post to see what it's all about. I have to get moving doing something - and I think I have to go back to doing it early morning because I'm such a vegetable at night. Always seems like something else takes precedence (and trust me, that's just an excuse and I know, I KNOW - excuses are like ******** - everybody has one and they all stink!!)

Now let me get my slack a$$ back to work (after reading your post, of course!!)  :-)

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 5/6/11 12:25 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks for the advice. I have done this. at this point it is just time to say.
Get out of my sand box. This needs to stop now. I cannot help you, you need to help yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 11:46 pm
Sunny Friday here in work and have a bunch of phone calls to make. Was suppose to see Dr. Marymor today but seems my PCP had issues with sending the referal over so there is no referal they had called me 2x's at home by the time I arrived home they were gone for the weekend, My PCP is not open on Fridays so now I have to see what Dr. Marymor's office says. UGH! 

I also have a hair appointment so will scoot out of work around 4:15 today then off to a jewelery party in NJ. Then home to get a good nights sleep since I have to DJ 2 parties tomorrow. This could be the make or break point for me tomorrow for sure.

Last night we headed out for Cinco De Mayo to 3 Monkeys and we had some bad service in the grand scheme but their inside crew tried to make it better for us. It sorta made me sad cause outside was where the Mariachi band was but if you are not going to wait on us then why should we stay. I already fired off an email this morning to see what they have to say.

Life is good! 
bvohl
on 5/6/11 12:25 am
Good Friday Morning Nicole and PA!!

SOOOOO sleepy!!! My concert went well last night although some of the things coming out of my mouth were not me!?! Maybe it was just tiredness talking....but I just seemed to be a little too honest...OOPS!

Today is wor****il 3pm. We are supposed to get a visit from the state this afternoon.
After work I am getting together with a couple of coworkers to hang out for a bit. Then I have to pick up the girls. Hopefully it will be nice out so they can go out and play. I think it will be an out for dinner night and then early bed....

Have a great Friday everyone!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views